DFCC Virtual Wallet is a cashless and cardless method which enables you to conduct day to day financial and non financial transactions using your mobile device at anytime anywhere with no registration fee.
2. What transactions can I do with the Virtual Wallet?
Purchases - Pay for goods and services at selected merchant outlets
Send and receive funds to and from other wallets
Pay utility bills
Transfer funds to and from bank accounts
Top ups at any DFCC branch counter Monday through Friday till 4.30pm
3. How Can I Fund My Virtual Wallet?
Add funds from your bank account
Receive funds to and from other wallets
Deposit cash directly at any DFCC branch counter Monday through Friday till 4.30pm
4. Who Can Register for the Virtual Wallet?
Any Sri Lankan above 18 years of age who owns smart phone that supports this app and has a mobile connection from any local service provider may apply to be registered for Vardhana Virtual Wallet and will be accepted subject to verifications of the bank.
5. How do I Register for the Virtual Wallet?
A duly completed Vardhana Virtual Wallet Application which can be downloaded from the bank website www.dfcc.lk or collected from our branches should be submitted to the bank. In addition, other additional documents (KYC, risk form, address proof, etc) will be required to be submitted in support of the application. Please contact the Call Center of DFCC bank on 009411 2350000
6. Will I be charged a Registration Fee?
No. Registration is free.
7. Is there a minimum amount that I need to maintain in my Virtual Wallet?
8. Is there a maximum amount that can be maintained in my Virtual Wallet?
Yes. Rs. 100,000.00
9. Do I need to pay any service charges for this service?
Fees may apply depending on the type of transaction. At the moment all transactions are free. (Please note that this tariff is subject to change from time to time.)
10. Are there any transaction limits?
Yes. Limits are applicable for each transaction type. The present transaction limit structure is as follows: (Please note that these limits are subject to change from time to time.)
Minimum Transaction Value (Rs.)
Maximum Limit per Transaction (Rs.)
Transaction Limit per Day (Rs.)
Send Money to Other Wallet Users
Add from Bank Account
Return to Bank Account
Top ups via bank counter
11. Can I use my existing mobile number of any Telecom Service Provider?
Yes. You can register with any active mobile connection.
12. Can I have more than one Virtual Wallet?
Yes. You can register and use multiple Wallets.
13. Are there any terms and conditions that would be applicable for utilizing the Virtual Wallet?
Yes. The terms and conditions applicable are available on the bank website www.dfcc.lk and on the reverse of the Vardhana Virtual Wallet Application Form.
14. What mobile devices should I use to access the Virtual Wallet?
The application is compatible with most up-to-date Android and iOS devices. The details of supported platforms are as follows: iOS – iPhones or iPads running iOS 7 and above Android – Running android 4.0(Ice cream Sandwich) and above (Please note that there may be incompatibilities depending on the device, in which case you may have to upgrade your OS or check the device compatibility)
15. From where can I download the Vardhana Virtual Wallet App?
Android devices can download the application from Play Store Apple devices can download the application from App Store
16. Can I download the app free of charge?
17. How do I activate my Virtual Wallet?
Once you receive the registration confirmation via SMS, you must contact the bank on the 24 hour hot line 0094 11 2350000.
18. What can I do if I have forgotten my PIN?
Provide a duly signed request to the closest branch to reset the PIN.
19. Can the same Virtual Wallet be accessed simultaneously from two devices?
The system prevents multiple logins with the same User Identifications as a security measure.
20. Will the app time out, log me out automatically?
Since the app is related to financial services, the bank will take your security very seriously. Hence, the app will time out if it is not used for a specified period of time. However the automatic time out can be customized according to your preference. We recommend that the least time is selected for better security.
21. What do I need to do if I change my Mobile number (SIM)?
The bank needs to be informed in writing and the Virtual Wallet created with the old number will be deactivated. To obtain a Virtual Wallet with a new number a fresh application and other supporting documents needs to be submitted with the confirmation of the SIM’s ownership.
22. What happens if I lose my mobile device?
The Virtual Wallet is secured with a PIN. However, as a precautionary measure it is advisable that you call the bank on 009411 2350 000 to deactivate your profile.
23. How can I ensure the safety of my log in credentials?
It is recommended to have a phone lock (password lock is preferred) to access your mobile device. To ensure the safety of the login credentials, the Virtual Wallet PIN should not be shared with a third party. Furthermore visit www.dfcc.lk for more effective PIN security measures.
24. If I need help to use my Virtual Wallet can I obtain 24 hour support?
The 24 hour Call Centre of DFCC Bank can be contacted on 009411-2350000in the event you require any assistance
25. Does the mobile number have to be registered in my name?
Yes. The mobile number should be registered under the Virtual Wallet holder’s name.
26. Can I link a joint account maintained with DFCC Bank to my Virtual Wallet?
Yes, provided that the operating instructions for the account allow same.
27. Can I suspend a transaction which was processed through the Virtual Wallet?
No. Transactions cannot be suspended since the transactions are processed immediately after the confirmation of the transaction. However the Call Center of DFCC bank can be contacted on +9411 23500 0 and the bank will proactively look in to the matter if there is a dispute.
28. In case of a transaction dispute what should I do?
Please inform the bank on the hotline +9411-2350000 if you identify any unusual transaction. The bank will then revert to you.
Enables you to transfer money from your wallet to another wallet holder with ease, anytime, anywhere, at no additional cost.
Pay for goods and services at registered Merchant outlets, without the need to carry physical cash and also enjoy a range of discounts/promotions offered by our partner outlets.
Payments can be made to the below mentioned Utility Providers via the wallet;
Ceylon Electricity Board
Dialog - Post paid only
Mobitel - Post Paid & Pre-paid
Sri Lanka Telecom
Insurance premiums to Union Assurance PLC and DFCC Credit Card payments can also be paid via the wallet.
Enables better management of your finances as you can check your account balances, transfer money from your bank account to the wallet and from your wallet back to the bank, hassle free at the click of a button.